Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
(Alcoholics Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statements?
- Make a list of your character deficiencies (character defects, shortcomings) resulting from the “My Part, My Mistakes” section reported in the 4th It is likely that you will be able to condense similar repeating behaviors and list them only once.
- Prioritize the list of Character Deficiencies in #2 by asking the question of yourself, “What affects my joy and freedom most?” Write down the priority from “1” being most impactful, and list the priority number in the column to the left of the Character Deficiencies in #2.
- Write the list of Character Deficiencies in order of priority below. Then write down how the character deficiency impacts your joy and freedom, followed by writing down how you would like to behave in the future.
- What is your plan to change your unhealthy behaviors into your preferred behaviors?
- Share your 5th Step work with God (Higher Power) aloud, then give great thought to owning your behaviors, then share your 5th Step work with your Sponsor.
By Andrew Martin, MBA, LAADC, SAP, CA-CCS